Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's ALIVE, It's ALIVE!

After a quick trip to the LFS for water this morning the project began. Half the water was added and rock work began. After numerous attempts at a layout I said enough is enough and left it as is.
Now the rest of the water was added and I was ready for the real test.

Power strip plugged in? Check. Towels at the ready? Check Tank leveled? Ah shit Nope! LOL! Time to cut a shim strip and get her level.

OK! Power on. First issue. Crappy flow. I kinda figured that was going to happen. LocLine Y removed. Flow MUCH improved. Next issue. I forgot to seal the factory hole for the fuge plumbing. Draw the tank down, cut a piece of acrylic and patch it. Let it dry and start over.

Power on. Everything works great. Adjust fuge flow and tadda! Now for the sand. The most tiresome part of the whole project. Sand done. Time to break out the HOT Magnum and scrub the water. Next series of picture shows the 4 hour process of cleaning the water via the HOT Magnum. I did have my main light go out. I think the ballast took a crap! POS!!!!!!!



No comments: