Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lighting


This weekend during the set up of the Finnex tank my 10K T5 lights went out. Don't know why/how but they just flickered and then POOF, OUT! Also the fan has been working on and off. Weird. So I emailed Finnex Sunday night and got a response Monday morning.

I was asked to return the lights for replacement. Hopefully I'll have them back by next week.

I have been struggling with the main return pump. All is working well, but it seems like this tank can handle more flow. The Tunze Nano's are creating a lot of movement in the water column but that does not move was "through" the system. I have read that folks are able to run the QuiteOne 3000 with no problems. I may try this pump. Maybe then I can add the LocLine Y and 2nd nozzle to the system. The current Finnex pump is rated a 623 GPH. The 3000 is rated at 780GPH.

I received my ATO today. Need to find a pump now. I have no clue what to buy. LOL! Back to Nano-Reef and start reading.

I also am waiting for 2 65watt 10K Coralife bulbs to arrive. The MH just throws to much heat into this little system. 226 watts over a 30 is decent for what I want to keep. 7.5 watts per gallon.

Here is just the 250 watt Iwasaki MH running. Bulb is about 10" above the water and it pushed my temp over the course of 3-4 hours from 79.2 to 81.1 That's almost 2 degrees. Safe but I still don't like swings like that. So the Finnex and Coralife light will be incorporated instead.

Now to figure out those damn Coralife programmable power strips!!!

No comments: