Friday, February 9, 2007

Plumbing


After some thought I decided to install a bulkhead. I installed it to accommodate the use of LocLine. In order to use LocLine I needed to drill (ream) out the stock hole from Finnex to fit the 1/2"ID, 1 1/8"OD bulkhead. The Dremel tool, nice and slow did the job.

I wanted the ability to target specific areas in the tank to eliminate dead spots. Although, with two Tunze Nano streams that won't be necessary.

You can also see I added an elbow to meet the T connector.

I did have to modify the barbs on the MPT connectors. I cut two sections off of each end to gain some space to make connections. I also had drill another hole in the wall the sends water to the fuge side. The hole is the same size but about an inch towards the back.

Here you can see the whole Finnex stock connections. The ONLY part used in this mod is the main straight pipe that connects directly to the pump. I also had to cut down the main feed that heads to the fuge flow control side.
Next I cut the tubing to fit each connection. The only drawback to this mod is when you need to service the pump the whole thing needs to be taken apart including the elbow that is installed. That is unless you have small hand. I don't.

Here is the final product. After trip to LFS tomorrow for water I'll see it in action.

Also I will be constructing the enclosure for my 250Watt MH! I little black acrylic, heat strip and that should do it. Yeah right. Easy as that. HA!

Ordered and waiting for the following. Remora Nano skimmer, Coralife digital power strips, 2 65Watt 10K Power Compacts and last but not least my ATO!

Here is a shot of live rock "curing" and DIY 250W MH.

No comments: