Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Stand

Main construction of the stand is complete. Final size is 27D X 30W X 36H. All 2X4 construction with 1/2 veneer plywood top, bottom and 1 shelve.
I first cut 4 24",30" and 36" 2x4's. I had to take into account the ability to get the stand out of the basement if needed.
I then built two 27"X30" (24"+ 1 1/2" width of 2X4=27") They turned out pretty square! Amazing ehhh!!!!
Next step was to attach main legs. If you notice I installed legs to the inside. This will allow me to install another 2X4 on the outside for added support.

Here is LB standing inside the stand!!!!

Here you can see the other 2X4 installed to the outside of the frame adding support to the top. All connections were made with 2 1/2" sheet rock screws.

Top cut and placed on frame. Top off container sitting in place. An ATO from Ebay will be installed for top off.

Installed a shelve for storage and tank placed on stand. Up next is staining the top. Going with a black stain. Sides will be 1/4" Oak veneer plywood stained black. Front will be the same except it will not be nailed. I will place velcro on the front for full and easy access.

No comments: