Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Re-Rock work and Remora Nano

I've added a few more pieces of rock and re-aquascaped a bit. I needed less height and more surface area for corals. Finally got the temp to moderate without light. Now I need to get salinity up. Current salinity is 1.019. Too low. That's what I get for NOT mixing my own.

DIY top of bracket is done, in place and working good. Pump works good. Dual 65 watt 10K bulbs arrive tomorrow. Now I need to build a hood for them. Finnex replacement should be back next week. Ordered a DJ power control center for main control of all tank fixtures.

Aside from that... the wait continues. Another week and testing starts along with Kalk dosing.

Remora Nano skimmer started tonight. Little loud but bearable. Funny how folks hate a little "white noise" kind of relaxing to me.

I love the smell of a skimmer working. Not the result of the skim, the process!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.